Saturday, March 8, 2014

Crochet snail - free pattern

This is my pattern for a mini crochet snail. You can use any type of yarn or hook. I used the yarn with 2 threads.


The shell (with yellow)
r1 - ch 6, sl st to make a ring, ch 1
r2 - 2 sg in each st - you have 12 st, sl st into the firs, ch 1(cont it as the first st for the next row)
r3 - *2sg in the first st,1 sg*, repeat from **, you have 18 st, sl st with green color into the first.

The body and the head (with green):
r4 - ch 4, 1sg into the second st from the hook, 1sg into the next 2st, sl st into the base of the chain, sl st into the next 4 yellow st from the shell, ch 4, (1sg , 1sg, ch 1, 1sg, ch 1, sl st ) into the second st from the hook, 1sg into the next 2 st, sl st into the base. Fasten off and leave a long tail.

The tentacles:
To make tentacles, pull the tail until the head, fasten off and make 2 knots at the ends - these will be the eyes. You can add some beads to make eyes.

Your snail is done.


This is a red snail with some beads on the shell.


And a blue one with green beads on the shell.


I want to use my snails on a T-shirt. Or on a canvas bag. If you have another ideas, leave a message. I'm so glad if you give me a feedback.

Ema 

1 comment:

Penguin Toy

A new penguin toy in my collection. Soft and fluffy, I made him from two different fleece. My daughter said that fleece from his belly is a...